2.7.08
Positive Pregnancy Test

I couldn't believe it when I found out I was pregnant! I hoped for boy, but just prayed for a healthy baby.
3.5.08
First Prenatal Appointment
********************************At the first prenatal appointment Killian was an 8-week-embryo. He still had plenty of room to float around in there...
5.28.08
Second Ultrasound
This is when Killian revealed he was indeed a boy, as demonstrated in the following pictures...

These are pics of his legs with his green beans in the middle of them!

But most importantly, the ultrasound showed us our healthy little boy...
And although these pictures look like he's blowing bubbles, it's actually his right hand resting on his face. He takes after the Luna's and likes to sleep with his hand over his head.

You could see his beautiful face, that is shaped like his daddy and sister, Ayla...

And his cute little toes, too!

7.16.08 (7 Months Pregnant, 23 weeks)
Photo Shoot courtesy of RockaChicoPhotography (Killian's Tio)
Being pregnant with Killian was an incredible experience. I obsessed over questions like: who's he going to look like, will he have Ryan's hands and feet, will he have blue eyes, hair, a raspy crying voice like Desirae and Chentito?

7.18.08
HLI Babyshower
My Hope Leadership Institute comadres threw me and Pati a surprise babyshower during our session in Bakersfield. I was so touched by this event; they went through so much effort to coordinate the shower even though the live all over California. I still don't know how they managed to keep it a secret. It was such a memorable event, and I will never forget them!


While I was in Bakersfield, I visited the gravesite of Cesar Chavez. I met his son and became incredibly inspired by he and his father's legacy.
8.12.08
Lamaze Class
Ryan and I went to Lamaze classes together, as well as other prenatal classes. More than anything the classes provided a great opportunity for us to bond together and get excited about the arrival of our baby and our growing family.
8.16.08
Friends Babyshower
This was another surprise babyshower. My comadre, Vero, and friend, Sarah gave it with help from Ryan. I was so happy to see my best friends that I've had forever there at the party.
9.4.08
Work Babyshower
My co-workers threw this babyshower for Killian and I. Killian got so many gifts, like books and the most adorable clothes. I also hit-up veteran moms for advice on taking care of my soon-to-be newborn.
9.13.08
Veliz-Luna Babyshower
My mom threw this babyshower with the help of my cousin-who's-more-like-a-sister, Cassandra. It was a beautiful day, and I pigged-out on the yummy Mexican food. Killian and I got more gifts than I could count, and I began to feel more confident that I was really prepared for him to arrive...
9.30.08 (39 weeks pregnant)
Photo Shoot courtesty of Killian's auntie, Brianne

Here's the last photo of me before I became a mommy.
Photos by Brianne - Killian's Tia
ReplyDelete